Share full text access.
Please review our Terms and Conditions of Use and check box below to share full-text version of article. No abstract is available for this article. Citing Literature.
Author, Speaker, Water Expert
Volume 20 , Issue 6 November Pages Related Information. Close Figure Viewer.
- Statistical Detection and Surveillance of Geographic Clusters (Chapman & Hall/CRC Interdisciplinary Statistics).
- Has Anybody Seen the Invisible Man?.
- GCC Distinguished Lecture Series?
- Rivers for Life, Managing Water For People And Nature by Sandra Postel | | Booktopia?
- Environmental Flows Concepts;
- Connect with Environmental Change and Security Program?
Browse All Figures Return to Figure. Previous Figure Next Figure.
Get this edition
A book that pays attention to flow, not just pollutants, as central to river restoration. Blending science and readability, Rivers for Life offers refreshing insights into allocating limited water to meet the needs of humans and rivers.
Karr, Professor, University of Washington, Seattle. Pub Date:.
- Navigation menu?
- Developing tangible policies.?
- Rivers for Life!
October Add to Cart. E-book Format.
Biography – Global Water Policy
June Exam Copy. Strategies include greater governmental responsibility for water planning, rethinking how dams are managed to allow for more natural patterns of water release, and greater collaboration among national and state-level water planners. Audience members expressed concern that by setting a specific amount of water for ecosystem services, could both encourage unnecessary water use up to that level in the present as well as set a target that could be difficult to raise in the future, if it were determined that not enough water was set aside for ecosystem services.
Postel and Richter acknowledged this weakness, and said that a target would need to be flexible enough to be changed in the future if scientific evidence demonstrated that the ecosystem needed more water. Institutions, they said, play a key role in providing this kind of flexibility, but the authors acknowledged that this will be a major challenge in implementing a 21st century approach to water management.
- The Seals, Trumpets and Bowls of Revelation Revisited (End Time Prophecy Revisited Book 2).
- Saving Earth's Rivers | Issues in Science and Technology.
- Pacific Northwest Croatian, Volume 5.
- Rivers for Life: Managing Water For People And Nature.
- Subscribe to our mailing list!
Skip to main content. Environmental Change and Security Program. Films and Podcasts. Conflict Resolution and Peacebuilding.